Excellence in Business
& Estate Strategies
Betty L. Homer
Location: Fairfield Office
- Trust & Estate Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Betty has extensive experience practicing in the areas of Probate and Trust Litigation where she represents executors, personal representatives, administrators, and heirs of estates, trustees (including individuals, private fiduciaries, and corporate fiduciaries and other major institutional entities) and beneficiaries, from inception at the trial court level to appeal; Elder Law; and Conservatorship Law (from establishing conservatorships to resolving conservatorship disputes). She is also a founding member of the firm’s Alternative Disputes Resolution (ADR)/Mediation practice group, where she helps parties avoid expensive lawsuits by working with them to craft creative, cost-effective solutions to quickly and satisfactorily resolve their legal disputes outside of litigation.
Betty served as the chair of the Trusts and Estates Section of the Solano County Bar Association from 2010-2013. Betty became a director of the Solano County Bar Association in 2015, served as its Vice-President in 2019, and was voted in as its President in 2020.
In 2012, the California Court of Appeal, Third Appellate District, selected Betty to become one of its court-paneled mediators. Betty completed the Court of Appeal’s extensive mediation training program which resulted in her having mediated cases for that Court. Betty has also completed an additional 40-hour mediation training course and was one of the key figures in assisting the Solano County Superior Court in resurrecting its Alternative Dispute Resolution Program. Betty is a sought-after speaker who speaks on topics related to mediation and alternative dispute resolution.
Betty is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in California.
Betty was born and raised in San Francisco, California. While in law school, she was a member of the Hastings International and Comparative Law Journal. During this time, this scholarly journal selected her paper from among many, for publication. Betty externed for the Honorable James Larson (ret.), former Chief U.S. Magistrate Judge for the Northern District of California. She also clerked for the San Francisco City Attorney’s Office and then at an intellectual property law firm. After being admitted to the California State Bar in 2001, Betty practiced in the areas of intellectual property, business law, insurance defense, bad faith, and coverage law, with well-known firms including an AmLaw 100 firm.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 2001
- University of California, Berkeley, California
- Bachelor of Arts - 1996
- Honors: With High Honors
- Honors: With High Distinction
- Honors: General Scholarship
- Major: Legal Studies
- Minor: Asian American Studies
- Suisun Rotary Club, member
- California Bar Association, Member
- Solano County Bar Association, Member, Board of Directors
- Court of Appeal, 3rd Appellate District, Court-appointed Mediator
- Solano County Bar Association, Chair of the Trusts and Estates Section, 2010 to 2013
- Solano County Bar Association, Director, 2015
- Solano County Bar Association, Vice-President, 2019
- Solano County Bar Association, President, 2020
- Toastmaster International - Talk of North Bay Chapter, Sergeant-At-Arms
- Honorable James Larson (ret.), former Chief U.S. Magistrate Judge for the Northern District of California, Extern
- San Francisco City Attorney’s Office, Clerk
- California, 2001
Pro Bono Activities
- Suisun Rotary Club, member